Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I am so excited about the baby now that the special people in my life know we are having this baby! We told my mama (well, actually, she guessed it as I was giving her the presents) and Kirk's mama (while Grannie was hoping outloud that next year I might get to be celebrating Mother's Day) today with the blankets and announcement cards I made.  The card looked like this:
Jamie wasn't able to make it up to Atlanta, so once my mama opened her World's Best Grandma shirt, she put it on and we sent her a text message with this picture:
I called Grammy when we finally got back home, and asked her to open her email, which contained the ultrasound picture posted previously (with the label).  I then called Nanny and asked if she had beach plans for New Years, and just slyly asked her to keep in the back of her mind when planning that I had a baby due Dec. 30th.  I couldn't get Gramps & Grandma Grace, Auntie Lou, or Robyn on the phone, but will try them all again tomorrow.  We are still not announcing it to the world, for some more specific reasons, but I can't wait to make it "Facebook Official" when the time comes!!

On another note...we have our first piece of Baby's furniture! My Gramps Odell built a crib when my mama was born, that was also used for me & my siblings.  It came home with us today, and will be refinished (it is almost 50 years old) and put in the yellow room! It's smaller than most cribs today, so I might just have to hire the expertise of my mother-in-law to make the baby's crib set.  Honestly, I am probably going to be so darn picky about what I want things to look like that it might work best to make it exactly how I want it!  I've got some time to decide though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Barefoot Mama | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates