This week has been rough! I have been searching the world around me (Milledgeville & Macon) for a bathing suit top that fits everything that is growing...with no luck! The one place I didn't want to buy one from ended up being the only place that had one that A: Fit & B: I Love!
Sidebar: while searching for a bathing suit at one sporting apparel store in Macon, I saw what was one of the funniest things in a long time (I also feel a little bad for still laughing about it). I know enough about Mennonite culture to know that they follow the "plain lifestyle." Especially the ones who still wear the plain dresses and bonnets. Well, I saw a group of girls at the store looking at bathing suits. I guess assuming got the best of me because I figured they would be looking at the one piece suits or at least the tankini suits. NOT! I walked into the dressing room to try on a few suits and those girls were trying on and comparing string bikinis!! Shame on me for laughing-because I obviously don't understand enough about their culture...but it was REALLY funny to see these pale girls with bonnets and bikinis!
I have also been searching for a new purse, one that zips at the top, doesn't wear like a messenger bag (because it's getting uncomfortable hanging on my growing parts) is big enough for my junk (but not so big I lug around the entire house), and isn't ugly (to my standards). I have had no luck finding one that suits me. The search continues!
Along the lines of my no-so-awesome-luck...I have had 2 bras underwire snap this week. I'm sure that's TMI but for those ladies who understand the necessity of a Victoria Secret bra, as well as the price for one, you know how bummed I am. I guess that's part of expanding? The thing I can't figure out is that I am still down nearly 15 pounds from the first doctor's appointment visit...thanks mostly in part to the wonderful gift of All-Day Sickness!
I have spent many a night lately jumping up at 2 or 3am and making the mad dash across the hall to kneel at the toilet. YUCK! Then I stay up for another hour or so trying to nurse water in order to feel halfway normal again. I keep trying not to rush this pregnancy time...but I am counting down the days until the sick & queasy feelings are gone!!
England Lovelies – May 2027 (Trip 2)
1 month ago







1 comments:
Call me soon and I can give you some places to look for decent bras for decent prices. They will also work for you for a while as you grow ;)
Post a Comment