Monday, June 28, 2010

Confessions of the Barefoot Mama

I have been blog surfing today, amidst the thunderstorms and my determination to not get out of my PJs the entire day!  I am on a crafty kick, although it's just one that makes me want to look at what everyone else is making and saving the ideas for another day.  Aside from the crafts, I have noticed lots of people doing a 25-or-so list of funny things about themselves.  I figured I would join that band-wagon, but in doing so, I'm going to attempt to keep it to things not many people know about me...but the me that's pregnant!  So basically it's more of things I've noticed have changed about me. It's more fun that way!

1.  I have always been a snuggler with the hubbin at night.  We have a California King sized-bed and I sleep on his side, every night.  Pregnant, however, I have started to move towards my side.  Not because I want to, but because my stack of pillows has encroached on the area that I once slept in.  Yes, I do need a body pillow, 2 regulars, and a memory foam pillow to sleep at night!

2.  I can devour an entire watermelon in a day! I am sitting here eating a few pieces I have put in a bowl so that I don't eat it all (but really, it's not far enough of a walk to keep me from refilling the bowl...for a second time).

3.  I could eat an entire box of those cheap-o popsicles if my hands and mouth didn't get so cold they go numb.  They are SO tasty!

4.  Oddly enough, I don't crave foods (though you wouldn't guess it from the last 2 confessions).  Instead, I think I crave Twilight.  I have to watch it when falling asleep.  Either movie, it doesn't matter which one. 

5.  In beginning to look at things I would like to have for the baby, I am continuously uber-bummed out that so many things aren't sold in stores.  I wish you could register in one place for every little store on the road and online...all together.

6.  Hubbin rubbed my belly this morning when he came in to kiss me goodbye before going to work.  I gave me warm fuzzies because that was the first time he has done that!

7.  On that same note, I don't think I am going to want people touching my belly.  I am not one to touch other people's pregnant bellies, it's just kind of weird.  If someone invites me to, maybe to feel a kick, I touch, but am still a little weirded out.  I do however, like to feel my own belly...even though it's still not big & hard with a baby butt protruding. 

8.  I have never been a good sleeper, but lately, I can sleep until 9 or 10am, then want a nap around 3-4, and am exhausted and ready for bed at 8pm!

9.  I would give almost anything to not have to go back to work once the baby arrives.  I REALLY REALLY REALLY do NOT want to put my child in a daycare!

10.  I have been so tempted to fill up my bathtub daily just to sit and attempt to float.  Too bad its porcelain and FREEZING and my rear end is just about too big to fit comfortably.  I want a pool so badly I can smell the chlorine.

I am sure there will be tons more confessions throughout the pregnancy.  Stay tuned! If you blog about your confessions as a preggers, a mama, or just about you...link me to it in the comments section!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Barefoot Mama | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates