Sunday, June 27, 2010

Babies-R-Us = Happy Mama!

Yesterday was a long but exciting day! Kirk and I drove to Maxie's house to give him our couches, to mama's to get a lawnmower, back to Maxie's to check his car, to Stockbridge to get a truck bed & rear differential, FOUND MY WAY TO BABIES-R-US, back to Stockbridge to pick up that stuff, to the in-laws to switch cars, then home to a slowly emptying house! 

Yes, we got rid of our couches, which have very much held up to their $100 price tag.  Recently, my little brother moved into a house with 5 other Georgia Tech swimming guys, and they have needed furniture.  What else would a good big sister do, but go through her house and give him things she accumulated over her own college career? All in all, he has swiped a futon, coffee table, sectional couch, recliner, and a stash of dishes!  It makes life easier on me too...because it's less stuff for me to maneuver around and have to clean up.  Right now, however, we are sitting on camping chairs in the living room, and the dogs are thoroughly confused.

Kirk and I have decided to re-swap trucks that he drives, and are getting ready to re-vamp the 2001 S-10 he has instead of continuing to drive the 1981 S-10 (which has nothing wrong with it).  Instead of KT having to do a whole bunch of body work to the 2001, he found a guy parting out a truck and we went to get the entire truck bed, along with the rear axle/differential thingy (I have no clue, I just smile & nod when he talks about it).  The 2001 will be safer for Bean to ride in, plus I like it better than the 1981!

Babies-R-Us was such fun to wander around and gather ideas from.  Since we have decided on the Brown, Green, & White scheme, Kirk is much happier looking for things.  We saw a few blankets and such that we both really liked, and I am starting to think I may not pick out a specific bedding set, but instead piece things together!

We also saw a stroller/carseat pattern I really liked.  I am still doing my mama-investigations to determine which system has the best safety, reliability, comfort, etc., but the way it looks always helps too!  This one is the Evenflo Aura Collection, Oh! pattern



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Barefoot Mama | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates