Sunday, April 25, 2010

2 Pink Lines

Yep, that's what I saw last night! 2 pink lines!!! It was completely by chance that I even decided to take the test. My...chest...has been sore for the last week, but I just attributed that to sleeping on my stomach (which, by the way-I NEVER do!).  I started to worry that I was late, but then again, I have been late, missed a month, and all that over the course of the past 10 months.  I have been convincing myself its just another late month, nothing to worry about.  Well........WRONG!
Kirk was watching Avatar for the 2nd time and I didn't want to watch, so I decided I might as well give the stick a try.  I even put the box back in the bathroom closet so he wouldn't know I took it (yea-he has been picking at me about wasting money on them).  Every test I have ever taken has said "Wait 3 minutes, then look"  and I try so hard to stick to that that I actually cover them up! But this stick had a mind of its own...as the 'screen' turned grey, I figured I would watch for the standard pink line before covering it up.  BUT-the dang screen didnt even get a chance to turn fully gray before 2 VERY distinct lines appeared!!! Should I tell him? Why not?! I ran to the living room in tears and interrupted his movie saying "Um...I am pregnate!!"  Needless to say, he stopped the movie!
I decided I needed to go to the store and get more tests, with or without him...just to be sure.  Kirk did end up coming with me, and I went ahead and got 3 more tests (2 totally different brands, just to be sure).  I also got some prenatals, so that I wouldn't miss any time.  I also dragged him through the baby department in the store (all the while he was looking around hoping nobody we knew saw us), just to look!  Anyways, we got home, I did another test, this time digital (I wanted to see the word Pregnate) and just like the first, it showed the answer in less than 1 minute!!
Today was awful though, because we saw all of Kirk's family, and I saw my mama.  We decided not to tell anyone until we at least saw a doctor to confirm we are truly preggers.  It killed me not to blurt it out to mama, because she is the absolute first person I want to know!  Nobody knows but me, Kirk, & Him.  I Have been riddling my mind trying to decide on a fun way to share our news, and I guess it will all come together when its time.  I don't think I can go much longer without spilling!  I want to shout it at the top of my lungs!!! 
Until we tell everyone, this blog is private (and I feel like I am typing to the wall), but once the news spreads, I will open it up for everyone to read! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Barefoot Mama | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates