The first of many Mother's Days have come and gone. It's been a nice, quiet day for the Tanner family. I woke with Amelia snuggling & nursing in bed with me, and a sweet smell coming from the kitchen! Daddy made me a stack of yummy, slightly undercooked (exactly the way I like them) pancakes...and even shaped one into a heart! Such a sweet man! Amelia had made me a card at school, complete with handprints and a photo.
We had lunch at Kirk's mother's house, as we do most Sundays. Today was both nothing special and so very special all in one! I don't mean that to sound snooty or rude though. I am Amelia's mother. I don't need a day designated for being celebrated. All I need is to see her smiling face light up when she sees me. I cannot believe that it has been a full year since Kirk and I announced to our own mothers that we were expecting! I love this little girl more and more with each passing day, and already feel like my heart could burst with joy and pride for all she has accomplished in her little 4.5 months of life. She is going to do great things on this earth, and I am so incredibly lucky to get to say "Yep, that's MY kid!!"
Amelia Jane---I am privileged to be your mother!
Switzerland Babes 2027
1 month ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment