Just wanted to share my first ever hospital experiance (yep-as clumsy as I am, I have never had a hospital stay before). I started having what I thought was Braxton Hicks contractions last week, but didn't pay too much attention as they were few and far between. Saturday evening I had one, but it never went away. It felt like I was having period cramps in a dull pain. Every so often, the pain would amplify and feel more like I had to take a giant crap (TMI, I know)-but didn't. I tried laying down, drinking water, sitting, walking, everything I could think of. Ended up calling the doctor, who told me to take 2 extra strength tylenol and lay down for 2 hours. If things didn't get better, come on in and get monitored. Well, I don't usually take medicine unless I really have to, and I guess the tylenol knocked me out because the next thing I saw was 7am Sunday morning! Kirk said I tossed & turned all night but I don't remember a thing.
Well, the uncomfortable crampies never went away so we ended up going to the hospital about 6pm Sunday night. I was actually really pleased with the whole experiance (minus the open back gowns and nurse with fingernails checking to see if I had any dilation--which I didn't). Our hospital has OB Assessment that you go to first instead of straight to Labor & Delivery so you don't have to go through ALL the crazy paperwork & such. Once the monitors were all hooked up, we discovered that I wasn't having Braxton Hicks, but instead they were the real deal of contractions, and were actually coming more than I realized! Bean's heartrate was doing good, and after 2 hours they sent me home and told me to go to the doctor first thing Monday morning.
Mama came down Monday morning to take me to the doctor because Kirk needed to get the hours in at work. I am so lucky to have her willing to drop everything and come down to take care of her big baby and grandbaby! I get to the doctor yesterday, get hooked up again, and am still having the contractions. The doctor didn't seem too worried as Bean was responding the way they wanted to see him/her moving and such. They aren't sure why the contractions are coming, as my blood pressure is right on, I honestly drink more than enough water a day (which is NOT easy but I make myself do it), and haven't had any issues up until this point. They sent me home with a presrciption for Tylenol/Codeine and told me to sleep the rest of the day. They aren't thinking Bean is going to show up in the next few days or weeks, which is a great thing! My goal is to get this baby through November in the belly. I am back at work, and hoping things stay in the clear. I guess at 31 weeks, I need to get my hospital bag packed and things in order...never know when Bean is going to make the grand appearance!
We have 2 classes this week too! Thursday night we have Baby Care Basics, which is how to change diapers, feed, hold, care for, etc. Bean. Kirk hasn't been around babies much, so we figured this would be a great way to get him thinking about what will have to be done. Saturday is the big mama-jama class...Childbirth 101 of sorts. It's a 9-5 class, and includes all the good stuff like where to go, what to do, what to expect, lamaze, and even a tour of the place. I am super excited about that one!
Switzerland Babes 2027
1 month ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment